To be granted Medicare coverage, you’ll need to provide proof of the following criteria:
-Firstly, your condition must medically require that your body be repositioned for medical needs such as relieving pain, promoting body alignment, avoiding respiratory infections or to prevent contractures in ways that are not possible in an ordinary bed.
-Secondly, the medical staff of the Medicare Administrative Contractor has determined that you require a way to immediately change bed position when needed.
-Lastly, both your doctor and bed supplier are enrolled in Medicare.
If you meet Medicare’s requirements, please note that you will still be responsible for your Medicare Part B deductible and 20% of the cost to buy or rent the adjustable bed. Medicare will cover the remaining 80% of the cost after your deductible has been paid.
Listed below are the top five adjustable beds that Medicare can cover, along with detailed information about their features, benefits, and pricing.
The Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed is a popular choice for those seeking an adjustable bed. Its key features include:
1. Adjustable firmness: The Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed allows users to adjust the firmness of their mattress on each side of the bed, providing personalized comfort.
2. Responsive technology: The bed’s responsive technology automatically adjusts the position throughout the night to ensure optimal comfort and support.
3. Sleep tracking: It includes sleep tracking technology that monitors your sleep patterns and provides insights for improving sleep quality.
Pricing for the Smart 360 bed starts at $1,499 for a Twin size bed, which isn’t too pricey as far as adjustable beds go.
The Tempur-Pedic Ergo Adjustable Bed is another excellent choice for those looking for an adjustable bed. This smart bed combines the renowned comfort of Tempur-Pedic mattresses with customizable positioning options. Its most notable features include:
~ Wireless remote control: The bed comes with a wireless remote control that allows users to adjust the positioning of the bed effortlessly. You also get to enjoy the “Zero Gravity preset”, which elevates the upper and lower body, providing a weightless sensation that can alleviate pressure points and improve circulation.
~ Massage feature: The Tempur-Pedic Ergo includes a wonderful massage feature that offers various massage modes and intensity levels.
The pricing for the Tempur-Pedic Ergo starts at $1,399 for a Twin size bed, making it an attractive choice for many.
The Craftmatic Legacy is a reliable and affordable option. It offers various positioning options, allowing users to find their ideal sleeping position without any hassle. Its key features include:
– Dual adjustment: The bed allows for independent adjustment on each side, ensuring customized comfort for each user. It also boasts therapeutic features, such as heat and massage, providing additional relaxation and pain relief.
– Wall-hugging design: The bed’s wall-hugging design ensures that the user stays in close proximity to their bedside table, making it convenient for accessing personal items.
The pricing for the Craftmatic Legacy starts at just $1,299 for a Twin size bed, which is a bargain considering all the snazzy features you get.
The Reverie Signature Adjustable Bed is a high-quality option that offers advanced features and customizable positions. This bed is designed to provide maximum comfort and support for a restful night’s sleep. Its notable features include:
1. Adjustable lumbar support: This allows users to adjust the lumbar support to their desired level, providing targeted back support. You also get a handy wireless remote control which allows users to adjust the position, massage settings, and other features effortlessly.
2. Bluetooth compatibility: The super convenient Bluetooth compatibility enables users and / or home carer to control the bed’s functions using a smartphone or tablet.
The pricing for the Reverie Signature starts at $1,799 for a Twin XL size bed, making it a premium option. Although the cost is higher than others, it’s certainly worth every penny.
The Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 Adjustable Bed is another top-of-the-line option that offers advanced features and customizable positions. This bed is known for its durability and innovative technology. Its key features include:
a. Pillow tilting: The bed allows users to adjust the pillow tilt to their desired angle, providing enhanced neck and head support. If that’s not cool enough, check out the Under-bed lighting, which creates a soothing, relaxing ambiance in the bedroom.
b. USB ports: It offers built-in USB ports, allowing users to conveniently charge their devices while in bed.
The pricing for the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 starts at $1,699 for a Twin XL size bed.