The University of the People (UoP) has no physical campus; it is entirely online. They are an authorized higher education institution that provide a range of degrees entirely online. Even better, there’s no tuition at UoP. The only costs are a nominal application fee and a final exam fee, which can even be partially covered by financial aid. They offer 10-week online course modules, and all you need to graduate is a 2.0 grade point average.
Students who earn a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science are equipped with the advanced knowledge and practical abilities required in the fields of computer science and information technology. With this degree, students are equipped for a wide range of computer-related careers. UoP also offers career counseling and help finding employment. Additionally, you always have the choice to use your expertise and abilities to launch your own company, perhaps as an entrepreneur or consultant.
One of the main, if not the most significant, aspects of computer science is software development. This is the domain where software and apps are created and executed, encompassing the much-discussed “coding” that powers a large portion of the internet and mobile applications. There are a ton of business and employment prospects in the software development industry because there is a huge and growing need for educated and skilled workers in this profession.
One of the many courses offered on the in-Learning online education platform is “Become a Software Developer,” which is run by the well-known and sizable corporate “social media” site Linked-in. Since this is a certificate program, all of the courses are free, and you will receive a free certificate in software development upon completion of the program. You can take each online course whenever it’s convenient for you. The curriculum consists of 11 distinct courses that need a total of 29 hours of “class” time. You will graduate from this certificate program with a wide perspective as well as specialized knowledge and abilities in databases, software development, and web development fundamental technologies.
Yes, you may attend the renowned Massachusetts Institute of Technology virtually and for free. There is no better location to learn about computers than these “open” classes, which don’t require any entrance prerequisites, tests, grades, or pressure; all you need is a computer with internet access, some time, and a desire to learn. A wide range of online computer science courses are available from MIT’s Department of Computer Science, including the following:
– Elements of Software Construction: explains the philosophy and practices of software development, including how to create simple code and debug applications.
– Introduction to Computer Science and Programming: covers the fundamental concepts in this area of study. Free online readings from the textbook are accessible, and you can participate in online study groups to communicate with other people.
– Students study the modeling and analysis of mathematical operations utilized in computers in Mathematics for Computer Science.
– Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs: includes multiple programming projects and covers the fundamentals of programming languages.
Students study the function of computers in science and how their use has impacted scientific research in the fields of computational science and cyberscience.
Database modeling, Web technologies, computer architecture, and security are some of the subjects covered in Networked Computing: Storage, Communication, and Processing. Also included is a textbook that may be downloaded to learn Python programming.
– Error Coding: this course teaches you how to write code that finds and fixes bugs in applications. Topics covered include cyclic codes and linear block codes.
– Information theory: imparts to pupils a foundation in topics such as pattern detection and data compression.