MA is also commonly referred to as Part C. While MA plans cost somewhat more per month, it’s well worth it, as it also gives you the option of adding on even further coverage if you so desire. On average, most MA plans will reduce the price tag of a hearing aid by about 20%. While this may not sound like a great deal to some, it can certainly make a difference for senior retirees who are living on a fixed income.
Listed below are some of the best Medicare Advantage companies that offer plans which include hearing aid coverage plus some other options.
Humana is one of the leading companies that offer Medicare coverage. This Medicare company offers MA plans that consist of hearing aid coverage that brings down the price of the hearing aid to around $399 – $999. The insurance plan cost depends on your age, state and city you live in. They are partnered with TruHearing for hearing related care and hearing aids.
Apart from hearing related care, Humana also has a wide range of products and services to offer its members, including group health, vision and dental insurance plans. Humana’s MA offers three provider networks that you can choose from:
1. Humana HMO – Limits your coverage to only in-network providers. It consists of the cheapest options available.
2. Humana PPO – Offers more flexibility if you wish to use out-of-network providers and facilities. PPO costs more than HMO, but provides much wider coverage options.
3. Humana Indemnity Plans – Offers the most expensive options, with the super benefit of being able to choose your most favored provider.
Humana members receive instant access to the online MyHumana portal and app. On this platform, you can quickly and easily pay your monthly premium, locate a nearby or specific doctor, find additional useful information like a guide to drug pricing and more.
Additionally, the company also offers access to their Go365 wellness program. The program helps members save even more on their monthly health insurance premiums by participating in healthy activities such as group workouts.
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies are part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA), an alliance of separate health insurance businesses. BCBS can cover your hearing cost for hearing aids, reducing the price to around $699 – $999. Policyholders can use a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance card almost anywhere in the U.S., except for Mississippi, Nebraska and North Dakota.
Each Blue Cross Blue Shield private insurance company is locally owned and independently operated. Individual BCBS companies sell and provide health insurance relative to their “home” states or regions. BCBS offers three levels of premium health and medical coverage plans: Bronze, Silver And Gold. The total cost that will come out of your pocket each month depends on the specific level and plan you’re interested in, which state you live in, and your age.
Health insurance policies through UnitedHealthcare (UHC) are more expensive than average; however, plans most often come with added benefits and access to wellness programs that others don’t have. This company offers hearing aid coverage and pumps down the price to around $375 – $2,075.
Additionally, many customers have rated UHC well due to its supportive customer service department and smartphone app that can provide in-depth health analysis. UHC is the largest health insurance company by total policyholders, offering an extensive suite of products and services, including health, dental, vision and disability.
– Medicaid: Provides health care coverage to eligible low-income adults (including seniors with Medicare coverage), children, older adults, pregnant people and people with disabilities, and it’s administered by each state based on need in accordance with federal requirements. Hearing aid coverage through Medicaid depends on the state in which you live and your age.
– Veterans’ benefits: The VA provides hearing aids for veterans who meet certain criteria, especially those who have a service-connected hearing disability, those whose hearing loss interferes with their other medical care and more.
– Over-the-counter hearing aids: People with mild to moderate hearing loss can buy them without a medical exam, prescription or special fitting from an audiologist, according to a rule the FDA. They will be available in pharmacies, stores and online, similar to a pair of reading glasses. These hearing aids will need to meet federal quality standards.