First and foremost, as previously mentioned, a custom shampoo is a specially curated hair care product that is tailored to an individual’s specific taste, hair and scalp needs. While it may not be able to cure hair or scalp issues, it can address and help treat and reduce the itch and other symptoms connected with dryness, oiliness, frizz, damage, thinning, dandruff and more. It achieves this by using better, healthier and more effective ingredients. Plus, it’s hard to pass up the opportunity of owning a product that isn’t a dime a dozen.
To further illustrate how impressive these custom shampoo companies can be, Prose provides the consumer with a comprehensive and user friendly questionnaire. The info is then fully assessed, in order to determine which combo would be most effective and beneficial for the customer.
While there are many OTC shampoos that are formulated to address a broad range of hair types and concerns, they often contain a combination of irritating, allergenic and potentially damaging cleansing agents, such as sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate, along with other ingredients like fragrances, preservatives, and moisturizers. Moreover, there is a limited selection of scents that these brands come in.
While these ingredients may be considered generally safe for many people, they are not helpful for everyone. Custom shampoos, on the other hand, are formulated with an individual’s specific hair and scalp needs in mind, along with a much greater variety of natural, non-allergenic scents to choose from. In fact, some of these companies have hundreds of combo possibilities, making them truly personalized and exclusive.
On top of all that, there are several other benefits to using a custom shampoo instead of a standard formula:
1. High-quality and Non- Allergenic ingredients: Custom shampoos are formulated with high-quality ingredients. This means that they contain ingredients, properties and health benefits that are not typically found in off-the-shelf shampoos, such as botanical extracts, essential oils, and vitamins.
2. No harmful ingredients: Custom shampoos are formulated without harmful ingredients that are often found in off-the-shelf shampoos, such as sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
3. Eco-friendly: If you’re an advocate of environmentally – friendly and sustainable products, then choosing a custom shampoo would be ideal, as they are usually made with eco-friendly ingredients and packaging. This makes them a more nature- friendly choice compared to off-the-shelf shampoos.
As you can clearly see, when it comes to value, improved effectiveness and quality, there is no doubt that custom shampoos are definitely superior to generic shampoo brands. But there are a few things you may want to consider before placing your order:
1. It’s Not Budget Friendly- Firstly, due to all the benefits and quality that you get with custom shampoos, this inevitably causes the price of these items to go up quite a bit. You can expect to pay at least $25 or much higher. Therefore, if you’re a bit tight on budget right now, then you may want to wait till you’ve got some more spending money available.
2. It Doesn’t Provide Equal Effect For Everyone: While custom shampoos have shown to work quite well regarding a variety of hair and scalp issues, it won’t have the same level of benefit for everyone. For instance, if you’re trying to treat a more severe condition such as psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis or alopecia, then custom shampoos are not the best option. In these cases, you’ll likely receive and enjoy much more relief and symptom reduction via a prescription shampoo, cream, or other product given by a dermatologist.
3. Unhealthy Diet, Hormonal Imbalances, Nutritional Deficiencies And Damaging Lifestyle Choices Will Reduce Their Effectiveness: Even the very strongest, healthiest and most incredible shampoos, whether generic or custom, will have a reduced effect if your physical and mental health is on a downward spiral. In order to reap the maximum benefits, it’s highly recommended to practice tried and true methods of lowering stress, anger and anxiety, regulating your sleeping habits, eating a healthier and more balanced diet, and getting more regular exercise.
All in all, the major consensus of whether a custom shampoo really works and if you should get one ultimately boils down to four main factors: Your overall issue / condition, lifestyle, health and budget