As more elders use technology such as the Internet, the gap between seniors and technology has begun to close. With so many seniors coming online, it is critical to ensure that their internet provider provides a high-quality connection at a fair price and support focused on their best interests.
Michigan ranks 30th in the US in terms of Internet speed and 26th in terms of broadband coverage, but 52% of Michigan homes still have downstream speeds of 4 Mbps or less.
Cable Internet is lightning fast, with downstream rates of 5-10 Mbps, and accounts for 32% of Michigan’s web-going population, or around 3,217,100 Michiganders.
That is when cable internet comes into play.
● Data allowance
● Speed options
● Video conference
We summarized the top 3 best cable and internet packages for seniors in Michigan for 2021 to help you make the right choice.
Seniors who select Xfinity cable internet have access to various inexpensive rates, widely available high-speed Internet, unlimited data, and no commitments on specific plans.
Xfinity offers specialized equipment, such as the xFi Gateway, one of the most intelligent and secure gateways, to enhance critical security features. The $14/month equipment rental fee now includes the xFi Advanced Security add-on.
Seniors who desire long-term contracts will have to dig deep into their pockets, promotional programs will increase every 12 months, and customized discounts will not be accepted.
They should also be mindful of Xfinity’s poor customer service; it has a reputation for long wait times and difficulty contacting them.
• Performance starter starting at $29.99/Mo for a downloading speed of 25 Mbps
• Performance selection starting at $44.99/Mo for a downloading speed of 100 Mbps
• Performance Pro starter starting at $59.99/Mo for a downloading speed of 200 Mbps
• Blast! Pro starter starting at $ 60/Mo for a downloading speed of 400 Mbps
• Extreme Pro starter starting at $90/ Mon (($70 for 24 months) for a downloading speed of 600 Mbps
• Gigabit starter starting at $100/Mo ($80 for 24 months) for a downloading speed of Mbps
WOW, cable internet offers seniors high-speed Internet with a maximum downloading speed of 1000 Mbps, a variety of speed options, unlimited data for the majority of subscriptions, and no commitments.
New customers get a 30-day money-back guarantee and new incentive packages such as a $200 Visa Prepaid Reward Card for new customers who sign up for speed tiers of 200Mbps or above.
WOW, Internet ranked sixth out of 20 ISPs, with a 7.9/10 rating for customer service, surpassing Xfinity and Spectrum.
• Internet 100 Starting at $ $40 with downloading speed of 100 Mbps and uploading speed of 10 Mbps
• Internet 100 Starting at $ $45 with downloading speed of 200 Mbps and uploading speed of 10 Mbps
• Internet 100 Starting at $ $55 with downloading speed of 500 Mbps and uploading speed of 50 Mbps
• Internet 1 Gig starting at $ 75/Mo with downloading speed of 1000 Mbps and uploading speed of 50 Mbps
Spectrum cable internet will appeal to seniors because of its high downloading speed, fair pricing for most speeds, no commitment, no data cap, easy-to-install equipment, and high-value performance.
According to a survey, the fastest IPS in the US, Spectrum ranks 14th/38, and its customer service is rated fair at 65/100, with 94% availability in Michigan and a maximum downloading speed of 1000 Mbps.
Spectrum lacks a variety of plan alternatives. The price is somewhat higher when compared to other cable internet providers such as Cox and Xfinity and no senior discount programs.
• Spectrum internet with downloading speed of up to 200 Mbps for $49.99 for 12 months
• Spectrum internet ultra with downloading speed of up to 200 Mbps for $69.99 for 12 months
• Spectrum Internet Gig with downloading speed of up to 200 Mbps for $109.99 for 12 months
When looking for the best cable and internet packages for seniors in Michigan, packages for seniors in Michigan, it’s critical to compare offers and rates to understand the packages you will be paying for and read the small print to understand what you’ll spend upfront and each month.
Negotiate pricing to assist you in reducing your monthly payment, prolonging an introductory discount, or add additional bonuses to the package, and you can switch service providers to help you save a lot of money.