Xfinity is available to all North Carolina residents and got a 6.5/10 rating by HSI Editors. With a maximum downloading speed of 1000 Mbps, it is one of the largest and most popular cable internet providers.
Xfinity provides various alternatives for seniors, including 6 plans with reasonable speeds—other plans include commitments, while some do not. Xfinity cable internet is the most dependable and offers the highest speed, which most seniors need.
Another benefit of having Xfinity is the various benefits, such as limitless bandwidth, free self-installation, and unique equipment such as the xFi Gateway, one of the most intelligent and secure gateways to improve essential security features.
However, seniors who choose Xfinity cable internet should be aware of its drawbacks, including best rates that require long-term contracts, promotional prices increase after 12 months, and no senior-specific discount.
• Performance starter starting at $29.99/Mo for a downloading speed of 25 Mbps
• Performance selection starting at $44.99/Mo for a downloading speed of 100 Mbps
• Performance Pro starter starting at $59.99/Mo for a downloading speed of 200 Mbps
• Blast! Pro starter starting at $ 60/Mo for a downloading speed of 400 Mbps
• Extreme Pro starter starting at $90/ Mon (($70 for 24 months) for a downloading speed of 600 Mbps
• Gigabit starter starting at $100/Mo ($80 for 24 months)for a downloading speed of Mbps
Spectrum cable internet is specifically for seniors due to the high performance and great value of its plans. Even though it has limited options for seniors, other perks like unlimited data, high speed, affordable speeds, and contract-free options for consumers can outweigh the limited options.
Spectrum new users are given a free modem and technical help in an issue, but you must rent its router. At the same time, it assures outstanding performance due to its equipment’s thorough certification testing.
Spectrum has some drawbacks, including download speeds that may be slower than advertised and poor customer service that seniors should be aware of when considering Spectrum as their cable internet.
Plans and pricing for Spectrum
• Spectrum internet with downloading speed of up to 200 Mbps for $49.99 for 12 months
• Spectrum internet ultra with downloading speed of up to 200 Mbps for $69.99 for 12 months
• Spectrum Internet Gig with downloading speed of up to 200 Mbps for $109.99 for 12
Cox cable internet is one of the best cable and internet packages for seniors in North Carolina due to its many options, low prices, and excellent customer service. Seniors who want dependable and consistent internet service can select Cox cable internet, which also offers unlimited bandwidth, contract-free options on 50 Mbps
However, seniors should be aware of the Cox extra price, which is not adequately mentioned during the purchase, and the termination fee, which is $120 if you discontinue your internet connection at any point during the one-year contract and if you’re on a two-year contract, that’s $240.
• Cox internet starter 10 starting at $29.99 for downloading speed of 10 Mbps with a data cap of 1.25 TB
• Cox internet essential 50 starting at $39.99 for downloading speed of 50 Mbps with a data cap of 1.25 TB
• Cox internet preferred 150 starting at $59.99 for downloading speed of 150 Mbps with a data cap of 1.25 TB
• Cox internet ultimate starting at $79.99 for downloading speed of 500 Mbps with a data cap of 1.25 TB
• Cox Gigablast starting at $99.99 for downloading speed of 940 Mbps with a data cap of 1.25 TB
When looking for the best cable and internet packages for seniors in North Carolina, selecting a cable internet that will provide seniors with protection while online is critical. Cable internet with internet security features such as Malware is preferred.